Monday, July 21, 2014

Make your own designer vaseline products...

Guess what?  I thought I had to buy Vicks or Mentholatum to have something to comfort my family and me when beset by a cold or coughs.  Not so.  Get some regular vaseline and add eucalyptus oil to it.  It smells wonderful and is very inexpensive.  You can also add a touch of a cherry oil if you like, for the wonderful cherry-vicks aroma.

I also happen to like baby powder aroma vaseline.  Don't have to buy that either.  Buy some inexpensive baby powder scented oil on ebay or wherever and add it to regular vaseline.  Ta-da....

Also, just guess what one of the secrets of the old movie legends was?  I got this straight from something attributed to Lena Horne, who happens to be one of my favs and lived to a ripe old age with glorious skin.  Vaseline!  You don't have to spend a fortune on the skin products that blur lines etc.  Just apply a bit of vaseline to your cheeks.  Not that they don't work -- they do; just that there is a cheap alternative.  Also, when I sit in a sauna or hot tub guess what goes on my face to moisturize it?  Yup.  Vaseline...

Love the stuff...

No comments: